Pre and Post Operative Checklist
Always check with your doctor prior to making any changes to your routine before or after surgery.
Up to four weeks prior to surgery, it is recommended to:
- Stop taking Aspirin, diet pills and common vitamin supplements which can interfere with anesthesia, cause bleeding after surgery, increase swelling, raise blood pressure or alter your sugar levels.
- Start your first TITOK naturals® pre operative wellness treatment to clean, exfoliate, hydrate and prepare your skin for surgery.
Two weeks before your surgery, it is recommended to:
- Stop taking all herbal supplements and the following: Aspirin, Ibuprofen or Naproxen (Advil, Motrin, Excedrin, Aleve), any diet pills or herb blends designed to control appetite, Vitamin E, Chromium, CoQ10, Echinacea, Ephedra, Feverfew, Fish oil, Flaxseed, Garlic, Ginger, Ginkgo, Ginseng, Goldenseal, Kava-Kava, Licorice, Melatonin, Saw Palmetto, St. John’s Wort and Valerian Root.
- In addition to your prescribed medications, be sure to purchase a gentle laxative and probiotic. Also have antibiotic ointment and ice packs (skip the frozen peas).
- Line up your media, including movies, TV shows to binge on and books to read. Recovery will take time, use this opportunity to catch up on things you haven’t had time for. Continue going to your regular TITOK naturals® pre-operative wellness treatments.
Now’s the time!
- On the day of surgery wear something comfortable that buttons down the front. Warm slippers and a cozy robe are always nice to have.
- Bring a hat and big glasses (movie star style).
- Have your caregiver be ready to take you home and pamper you for first few days.
- Do NOT forget to pack your TITOK naturals® post operative skin care kit!